Category: Heritage * *
Poomully Aramthampuran’s Mana (Peringod, Palakkad, Kerala, India) is situated inside 5 acres land with trees and well maintained lawn is having history of over 500 years, current structure was reconstructed in 1850 by Shri. Poomully Narayanan Nampoothiripadu.
The premises of this long and pillared antique building is beautiful with two 700 years old Banyan trees and blessed with an old snake temple. Poomully Mana’s members were famous for practicing Ayurveda, Kalari, Yoga and other performing Arts. Ayurveda and Kalari treatments were practiced here for time immemorial and thousands of people has availed this facility. Poomully mana’s Ayurveda treatments are carried out in a special and authentic style called “Poomully Way”
Treatments Offered are classified as Special Treatments & Wellness Treatments:
- Neurological disorders,
- Bones, Joints & Spine related problems,
- Head and ENT issues, Muscular diseases,
- Allergy related problems (Hyper sensitivity),
- Liver, Digestive & Urinary disorders,
- Fertility issues of male and female,
- Skin disorders,
- Gynec problems and women’s health.
- Rejuvenation (Rasayana Chikithsa),
- Stress & Strain Management,
- Weight Reduction And Obesity,
- Lifestyle Disease Management,
- Women’s Wellness Programme,
- Pregnancy Care,
- Postparum Abhyanga Ayurvedic Full Body Massage,
- Postpartum Modified Cleansing Therapy,
- Beauty Care Treatment
The centre has 9 spacious Heritage rooms beautifully furnished with antique furniture. And the bathrooms and toilets attached with each room is having all the modern facilities. The 9 rooms are named with auspicious flowers and jewels decorated with antiques. A/c is also provided in the rooms if required.
The roofs are paneled with wooden pallets to maintain the temperature. Colonial ethnic flooring with large windows for better air circulation and classical paintings which depicts the Kerala’s culture, art forms and festivals are other classical features of the rooms.
Each room is equipped with TV, telephones and 24 hours internet, 24 hours running hot water in all rooms, Natural organic water for the toilets. All the rooms are decorated and furnished keeping in view to depict the ecstasies of the past, giving the guest a feel of the royal living.
Oper air yoga centre,
Oottupura ( Vegetarian canteen serves Ayurvedic cuisines)
The library holds an immense collection of books and manuscripts that are illustrative examples of India’s proud cultural heritage. the library holds works on a wide range of subjects namely Ayurveda, Hasthi Ayurveda, Visha chikilsa , Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas, Ithihasas, Dharmasasthras, Jyotisha, Ganitha, Kosha, Vyakarana, Chandas, Shilpa and Vasthu Sasthra . Thantras, Manthras, Sthothras, Music etc.
Oottupura ( Vegetarian canteen) serves Ayurvedic diets as per the body condition of the inmates. And the centre uses Kansa Vataki Plates and Bowels for food serving which are having medicinal values. The three therapeutic metals used for making plates and bowls are Copper, Zinc and Tin.
1. Copper– relieves pain, inflammation and prevents arthritis,
2. Zinc– boosts immune system, digestion and good for diabetes,
3. Tin– relieves headaches and insomnia
Treatment programmes here generally Includes:
- Return airport/railway station transfers,
- Accommodation with Daily Housekeeping,
- Daily breakfast, lunch & dinner (Ayurvedic diet),
- Daily Fruit & Vegetable juices or Tea apart from other meals,
- Daily doctor consultation,
- Daily 1.5 to 2 hours suitable Panchakarma treatments,
- Daily 1 to 1.5 hours yoga & Meditation,
- Medicines while taking treatments here,
- Ayurvedic face pack,
- Use of available facilities in the resort/centre such as Wi-Fi internet etc,
- All applicable taxes & service charges.
How to reach:
Nearest Airports: Kochi (COK)-95 K.ms; Kozhikode (CCJ)-100 K.ms,
Nearest Railway Station: Pattambi, 10 K.ms, Shornur, 14 K.ms.
- Guruvayoor temple, 27 K.ms
- Anakkotta Guruvayoor, 25 K.ms
- Kalamandalam 16 K.ms
- Mammiyur Siva Temple 27 K.ms
- Peringod Bhagavathy temple 3 K.ms
- Peringod Siva temple 3 K.ms
- Chavakkad Beach 35 K.ms